Terms of Service for Localvolts Pty Limited
1.1 This website is made available free of charge for testing purposes only. This website is a simulation and does not involve any real-life transactions or the buying or selling of energy. No real goods or services are exchanged or promised to be exchanged through this website. All simulated purchases through this website, or other transactions for the sale of goods or services formed through this website, or as a result of visits made by you, are for testing purposes only.
1.2 You must set up an account with us (Account) in order to fully utilise this website. You warrant that the information provided by you in setting up an Account is true, accurate, current and complete, and you agree to maintain and promptly update any changes to your Account information.
1.3 We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to refuse registration of users, or cancel Accounts for any reason.
1.4 You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality and security on your Account.
2.1 You acknowledge and agree that:
- all intellectual property rights in this website (including our branding and logos) (our IP) belong to us, or our third party suppliers and you agree not to challenge or do anything inconsistent with such ownership;
- you may not reproduce any of the content on this website or our IP without our prior consent in writing; and
2.2 You warrant that you own, or are authorised to use, the intellectual property rights in any data you submit to this website and you indemnify us for any loss or damage we incur arising from such data. You grant us an irrevocable, royalty-free licence to use your intellectual property rights in relation to this website.
2.3 You must not:
- reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, or otherwise attempt to discover the source code, object code, or underlying structure, ideas, or algorithms of, or found at or through this website or any software, documentation, or data related to this website (Software);
- remove any proprietary notices or labels from this website or any Software;
- reproduce or copy the Software or this website or any part thereof;
- modify, translate, or create derivative works based on this website or any Software; or
- copy, distribute, pledge, assign, or otherwise transfer or encumber rights to this website or any Software.
This website may contain materials produced or provided by third parties, or you may access links to third party websites through this website. By accessing such content, you acknowledge and agree that use of such third party websites or content may be subject to terms and conditions of the third party, and you agree to comply with those terms.
3. Disclaimer and warranties
We do not warrant that your use of this website or any Software will be uninterrupted, error free, secure or free of infection by computer viruses or other conditions which could damage or interfere with data, hardware or software with which it might be used. You acknowledge that you assume all risk of use of all programs and files associated with this website, and you will not hold us liable for any loss, damage or liability arising from such use.
You understand and agree that your use of our website is provided “as is” and “as available.” The content on this website is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely.
This website may be accessed throughout Australia and overseas. If you access this website from outside Australia, you do so at your own risk and are responsible for complying with all local laws.
We update and carry out maintenance on our website regularly, so we may have to suspend access, service or functionality on our website from time to time, without notice. We will not be liable if, for any reason, this website is not available at any time or for any period of time.
You warrant that you will:
- comply with all applicable laws when using this website;
- not violate or attempt to violate the security of this website;
- not use this website to send or make available any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising, solicitations or promotional materials;
- not impersonate any person or entity or otherwise misrepresent yourself or enter into any fraudulent activities; and
- not hack into this website, our computer systems or the computer systems of other users of this website. Hacking includes unauthorised access, malicious damage and/or interference.
4. Liability and indemnity
4.1 We are not liable for:
- any content on this website that is incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete. If you rely on any such content, you do so at your sole risk and you are responsible for any independent verification of the content;
- any terms or conditions implied by statute or law, unless we are not permitted at law to exclude such terms or conditions; and
- any negligence by us, our employees or contractors in connection with your use of this website.
4.2 To the extent permitted by law you agree that we will not be liable to you for loss or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with your use, or inability to use, this website, or any content on this website, whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract, statute or otherwise.
5. Privacy and Confidentiality
5.2 You consent to us sending you emails informing you of our website and other services we may offer. You can choose not to receive marketing information from us by contacting us.
5.3 Your use of this website may involve disclosure of your personal information to other users of this website. If you object to this disclosure, please do not disclose your personal information on this website.
6.1 We welcome and encourage you to provide feedback, comments and suggestions for improvements to the website or our applications. You may submit feedback by emailing us, or through the “Report a problem” section of this website. You acknowledge and agree that all feedback you give us will be our sole and exclusive property.