Complaint and Dispute Resolution Policy
Complaint and Dispute
For ACT, NSW, QLD, SA and TAS Residential Customers
Localvolts – Anyone can be an Energy Farmer
03 June 2021
ACT, NSW, QLD, SA, TAS Residential Customers
- Localvolts has a firm commitment to maintaining customer satisfaction. This complaint and dispute handling policy is part of Localvolts’ commitment to dealing with customer complaints fairly and reasonably. We recognise that problems can arise, and will always endeavour to make sure they are dealt with swiftly and appropriately.
- This document provides a framework for Localvolts’ customer complaints and dispute management policy. It has been designed to assist both customers and staff. It aligns with the requirements stipulated in the Australian Standard AS ISO 10002: 2006-(Customer satisfaction – Guidelines for complaints handling in organisations).
2. Our approach to complaints
2.1 Localvolts understands that complaints are an integral way to continually improve and refine our systems and procedures. Consequently, we welcome complaints of all forms and value any feedback our customers provide. We will always recognise your right to raise a concern about any part of your dealings with us.
2.2 Localvolts holds a commitment to our customers that we will address any issues that emerge seriously, and always endeavour to resolve them fairly, efficiently and courteously.
3. What is a complaint?
Localvolts defines a complaint as any expression of dissatisfaction by a customer or member of the public in relation to our business. This may arise concerning a particular incident or general unhappiness with our services.
4. Lodging and recording complaints
4.1 Complaints, disputes and feedback can be lodged by filling in the form on our website which can be found here: https://localvolts.com/complaints
4.2 You may detail your complaint in as much depth as you want. We record and log all complaints.
4.3 Complaints will be monitored, and efforts will be made to resolve issues that are ongoing, repetitive or persistent.
4.4 The details of complaints and your personal details will be kept confidential and not divulged to third parties unless we have your written consent.
5. Resolving complaints
Our staff will contact you within the hours you specify to provide updates on the progress of your complaint. Your complaint will be directed to a staff member most suitable for the issue raised. We will keep you updated on the status of your complaint.
6. Externally escalating complaints
We have an easy accessible complaints process in place should something go wrong. Please note that you also always have the option to contact the Energy & Water Ombudsman NSW (EWON) at any time for independent advice and assistance. EWON’s contact details are below.
Energy and Water Ombudsman (New South Wales)
Tel: 1800 246 545 | Website: http://www.ewon.com.au
Energy and Water Ombudsman (Victoria)
Tel: 1800 500 509 | Website: http://www.ewov.com.au
Energy and Water Ombudsman (Queensland)
Tel: 1800 662 837 | Website: http://www.ewoq.com.au
Energy and Water Ombudsman (South Australia)
Tel: 1800 665 565 | Website: http://www.ewosa.com.au
ACT Civil and Administrative Tribunal (ACT)
Tel: 02 6207 1740 | Website: http://www.acat.act.gov.au
Energy Ombudsman (Tasmania)
Tel: 1800 001 170 | Website: http://www.energyombudsman.tas.gov.au
7. Review of Complaints and Dispute Resolution Policy
7.1 Localvolts is committed to continually improving our systems and this policy will be reviewed regularly and updated where necessary. Where appropriate, customers with resolved complaints may be contacted afterward for feedback on the way their complaint was addressed. This feedback and feedback from staff will inform our updates to this policy.
7.2 This complaint handling policy is supported by Localvolts senior management team. We provide this policy to all staff and make it readily available for customers.